Guide To Selling Your Home
Selling a home is equal parts science and art. The goal is a quick sale at the highest possible price and best terms. We asked Jack Woodcock with The Woodcock Real Estate Group, one of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – NV Properties largest and most successful home selling teams to provide us with some insight into their home selling success. Jack outlined the following thoughts for our readers:
- Price: The most important step in selling your home is pricing it correctly from the onset says Jack Woodcock. It’s a well-known fact that overpriced homes take longer to sell and usually sell for a lower price in the end. Since the majority of your showings will occur in the first 30 days on the market it is crucial that your initial list price matches buyer expectations and comparable market sales. Our agents are trained to use advanced market analysis software to build a comprehensive report that will accurately determine the optimal list price for a home.
- Condition: To get top dollar for your home you have to make your home look its best. Our agents are trained to help you identify and prioritize repairs and improvements that will provide the best return on your investment.
- Market: Our marketing strategy is to provide our agents with a consistent and proven manner to get our listings in front of as many potential buyers as possible all over the world. Our reach is so extensive because we invest heavily in web, social networking, email, direct mail and print campaigns that feature our listings in all the places where buyers are looking. When our clients hire us to sell their home we identify the ideal buyer and then develop and implement a tailored home marketing program designed to reach them.
- Negotiate: Successfully negotiating a real estate contract is more than a matter of luck or natural talents says Jack Woodcock. When you receive an offer having an agent with a proven track record of bringing buyers and sellers together can make a huge impact on your final sales price. Our agents are skilled negotiators who can help you get to the highest price a potential buyer is willing to pay, as well as the best terms, shortest contingencies, fewest repairs and lowest closing costs. Rather than approaching negotiations from an adversarial winner-take-all perspective, our agents focus on your top priorities and strive to keep emotions from over running the process.
- Close: While our clients home is on the market we will provide them at least monthly status reports that show the top prospects, a summary of feedback from showings, a review of completed and planned marketing activities and any recommended adjustments to course. In order to keep tabs on our clients’ home selling competition we set up a neighborhood alert system that notifies our client if a similar home in their neighborhood comes on the market, goes under contract, or closes escrow. Once our clients home goes into contract we use advanced online transaction management software to make sure the buyers, and their agent, follow through with their contractual obligations in a timely manner.
If you are considering the sale of your home in the Las Vegas valley, we are pleased to assist. Please complete the “Have Questions?” form below and The Woodcock Real Estate Group will contact you immediately or you can reach out to them directly:
The Woodcock Real Estate Group Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Nevada Properties email@example.com 702-362-8700 www.jackwoodcock.com